The CPI (M) expects its associates to comply with the following golden rules:
- Hock your tongue to the party when you are selected for a post, provided you belong to the minority ingroup. If you speak, disciplinary action follows. If you want to be a permanent party figure, flog your tongue instead.
- Back the party and the leaders of the majority ingroup, however vitiated they may be. The more you fend for them, the greater you become. For example, E. P. Jayarajan, M. V. Jayarajan, and P. Jayarajan.
To end the crisis, the following options may be considered:
- Disband the politburo or ask Prakash Karat and company to read/watch good newspapers/channels.
- Expel V. S. Achuthanandan as chief minister.
- Expel Pinarayi Vijayan from the party.