What if a person is both physically and mentally challenged? This is the sort of situation I found myself in when I came to know from successive comments on my last blog entry that both Alex and Mathew have tagged me! I am supposed to (ordered to!) mention 8-10 things that I miss about my childhood and also those much things I disliked during that time. I am given the strict rule that the childhood is from 1-12 years. I do not have much memory about those times (at least from 1-4 :D) but that is no condonation for escaping this! So, here I go (rather I am pushed!)….
- TV serials Giant Robot, Glitter Ball and Night Rider
- Toy guns…. Shootouts with my brother….. *Dishyum Dishyum*
- Playing the game ‘Sat’
- School bag with lots of pockets. There were competitions in classes as to whose bag was the best and contained maximum pockets and maximum ‘secret’ pockets!
- School and Inter-school festivals and competitions. I miss those stages….
- School texts and Notebooks. I have preserved most of them…
- Boxes of slate pencils. I used to break my pencil to get a new one from the box. Since it was kept away from small children as a security measure (:D), that was the only way I could have got a new one!
- My stamp collection (I lost it somewhere). I still sit and try to remember where I lost it… No answer, the only concrete truth is that I lost it.
- Waking up early (I still don’t like it!). I feel like throwing the alarm clock away even now.
- Going to school. *ufff*
- Drinking milk. I still don’t like its smell. Used to drink it with one of my hands prohibiting its odour from entering my nostrils.
- Exams. I still have nightmares about exams and study leave.
- Injections. I was prepared like a soldier moving to the battlefield, absorbing courage from everywhere seeing the nurse getting ready with the syringe.
- School assemblies. Hot, hot and hot. I used to tell lies to my teachers that I am not feeling well to avoid this nasty exercise under a burning Sun.
- My face (Still, sometimes!)
- Homework. I always treated it as something to kill my enjoyment and fun, like any other brat would do. A child’s worst enemy since the evolution of education….
I hereby declare that all the information furnished above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and that nothing has been concealed or distorted wilfully! 🙂